English Language for J.H.S.
The three books in the English Language for J.H.S series have been written in strict adherence to the approved National Syllabus for English Language (Junior High School 1 – 3) of September 2012.
The series covers the whole of the approved syllabus for the three-year J.H.S English Course.
- The following aims of the approved syllabus have been complied with:
- Developing the basic language skills of listening, speaking, reading and writing.
- Attaining a high proficiency in English to help students in the study of other subjects at higher levels,
- Cultivating the habit of and interest in reading.
- Communicating effectively in English.
The series contains the following features:
- comprehensive coverage of required syllabus topics.
- units designed to assist the pupil to develop the basic language skills of listening, speaking, reading and writing.
- sections aimed at assisting the pupil to communicate effectively in English.
- appreciation of different forms of literature: poetry, drama and prose.
- a variety of examples and tests to help the pupil to master his language skills.
- revision sections and examination preparation materials.
Each book contains 25 units. After every 4 units there is a Revision and Tests Unit. These units revise the main points of the topics learnt in the preceding four units. This is to enable students keep their knowledge fresh. They also contain tests which are meant to assess the progress made so far and to identify areas of weakness and strength.
Each unit consists of five sections as prescribed in the approved syllabus. These are as follows:
Section A: Listening and Speaking
Section B: Reading and Comprehension
Section C: Grammar
Section D: Writing
Section E: Literature/Library
All the units are based on particular themes which, in most cases, are woven into sections. This integrated approach sustains the theme throughout the unit.
In order to assist final year students prepare adequately towards the Basic Education Certificate of Education, Units 20 and 25 contain sample questions in addition to the normal tests.
English Language for Junior High Schools Books 1 – 3 contain the standard texts that reflect the aims of the J.H.S Syllabus in the New Educational Reforms.
The three books are recommended for use in all Junior High Schools throughout the country since they contain all that is needed to make a learner proficient in the English language.
Masterman offers to schools quality text and story books as well as printing services and products at very reasonable prices. We distribute our books to all the regions in Ghana.
Get In Touch
MaClean road, near Odorkor traffic light, off Mallam Kaneshie Road.
Tel: 0302-325057/8 / 0573 232 344 / 0576 519 293
P.O. Box AN 19720, Accra-North
Working Hours: Mon – Fri – 8:00am to 5:00pm
Behind Medlab Building, Opposite K.A.T.H Bantama.
Tel: 0577 669 070 / 0572 852 995
Liberation Road, Opposite Providence House near Kinapharma.
Tel: 0577 669 050 / 0572 852 997
Request a Quote